Friday, September 14, 2012

CALLIGRAPHY WORKSHOP






































I'm so excited to announce that my first calligraphy workshop is now open for registration!  On October 6th, from 12-5pm, I'll be leading an introduction course exploring the basics of modern calligraphy and lettering held at Pot & Box in Ann Arbor, Michigan!

Here's a bit of Info:

PLACE | Pot & Box

220 Felch Street  • Ann Arbor  •  MI  •  48103

COST | $70

The cost includes a calligraphy starter kit that is yours to keep!

COURSE OUTLINE

•A Brief History
•Understanding the basic materials (Before you begin)
•The Minuscule Alphabet
•The Capital Letters
•Numbers & Punctuation
•Writing in color demonstration
•Practice & Critique

Spots are limited so if you live in Michigan, register soon!  I'd love to see faces from Grand Rapids as well!

Photo by | Pot & Box





11 comments:

  1. OH MY! I'm 40 minutes from Ann Arbor, and I would love to attend this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Would love to see you there =)

      Delete
  2. so jealous I don't live closer....I'm in Utah! You need to write a book or something because I am sure that I would have a lot to learn from you!

    Your work is beautiful and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Wishing you lived closer as well!

      Delete
  3. So jealous, i don't even live in the country :(

    I wish SO much that you'd do an online course, like Melissa Eplin does. I love Melissa's work but if I had choose i'd learn from you instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love an online course!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth Peck5/14/2013

    I live in Ann Arbor and have been searching for a calligraphy class and stumbled upon this. A great friend of mine raves about Pot and Box, so I decided to take the class. Then I see who is teaching it...Molly Jacques! The little girl from down the street! This is Beth, Emily's older sister :) Looking forward to this class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there any change that you'll be teaching another one of these courses? I would love to attend and I think I could probably get a few more people if class size is an issue! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/20/2014

    Will there be any upcoming classes soon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/09/2016

    Are there still openings for the October class?

    ReplyDelete